Bachianas No1 - LibreOffice Templates

Hi everyone,

My name is Paulo José, a 20 years old Brazilian (Opa brasucas!). I'm starting this blog to share my learning process while a -recent- member of the LibreOffice design team. Here I'll try to focus on my interesting topics in the computing world as Design, OpenSource, Usability, Accessibility, User Experience and Computer Graphics.

This is my first words on my first personal blog, so I wanna make it too good as can be done! So I'm happy to show you a little piece of design that I'm working in. They are few simple templates for LibreOffice Impress, using our new branding colors suggested by Christoph Noack. I call them the "Bachianas Brasileiras No.1" (I explain after the break).


Everything began when Kevin Soviero sent a message to the LibreOffice design mail listing suggesting we could make new Impress templates. I love the idea, because I usually have no time to make a good looking presentation when I need one... So I'm on my vacations now and there are more time to make these things finally.

The name "Bachianas Brasileiras No.1" come from some classical songs from my preferred classical musician Heitor Villa Lobos, who lived in the past century. He made some of the greatest pieces of musical art I've ever seen and his Bachianas was mainly inspired by the work of John Sebastian Bach. There are nine Bachianas that I know, each one with some movements like Prelude and Aria. They inspire me very much to create, so I'm planning do more templates...

Now I'm having some problems with the LibreOffice Impress file format. Sadly, I can't to save more than one background in an unique file. I can set it perfectly and save my job, but when I open the file again, its backgrounds faded away, resting only one. If you know how to help me, I'd like to how how solve this issue (bug?).

And about the artwork itself, I hope you like them! :) Soon I'm able to create the template files, I'll upload and share them under the Commons Creative license.

Wish me good luck! :D

Comments

  1. Hello,

    I was not able to reproduce your bug. Could you give more details ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    Well, I'm unable to save and re-open multi-background presentations. When I load a file like that, all the background, except the last added just fade away and each slide stay with the only background. If there 2 or more slides of titles, per example, and they have the same background (but different from normal slides), and when I load the file the title background faded away, my only try is load again the background. But when I do it to one of titles slides, the others simply change their background automatically (but only title slides, since I answer "No" when asked for "Do you wanna apply this background to all slides?". It's so weird...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,

    I built multi-background presentations without problem. Save and reopen it, OK. Save as template, create from this template OK.
    I may send you these examples if you want. I tried to post here a link to cjoint.com, but it disappeared.
    I'm using LibO 3.3.0.4 on WinXP.

    Just to be sure. How do you change background? You should modify through "Master Pages" on Task panel, or View > Master > Slide Master. Using Format>Page is not recommended as you will loose your modifications when you apply another master.
    But you may already be aware of these points.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I've never used this Master Page feature. But the bug still happen. I recorded a video: http://linkedej.com.br/libreofice-paulo/bug-video.ogg.ogv
    Sorry for the high speed... But you can see the problem an maybe tell me what I'm doing wrong... :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. so beautiful.
    strong candidate to my thesis presentation!
    do you have another colors?

    []

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello !
    Great work !

    Is the original one (as shown on the screenshots, not the green one found on the document fondation wiki) available somewhere ?

    Thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Great Job , Can we get the blue one .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Realmente um trabalho muito bom. É realmente disso o que o Impress precisa para bater de frente com o PowerPoint, belíssimos templates de design.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LibreOffice New 2020 Icons

LibreOffice in Blender

LibreOffice Wallpapers